"The present letter is a very long one, simply because I had no leisure to make it shorter." -Blaise Pascal

25 September 2013

on thinking

I spend a great deal of time thinking. Just thinking and pondering and analyzing and wondering. And I think that's one of the very greatest things I could do with my time.

Since February of this year I have composed several lists (news flash: I'm a list person) containing dozens of ideas I want to write about.

Because there's something powerful about words - the arranging, the freedom to choose, to construct.

I like this power, and I like how I feel when I can compose a sentence/work that expresses my thoughts thoroughly and precisely.

In that search for precision, I'm often less than concise. It's a personal weakness - I'm working on it. But I'm also kind of embracing it (hence the carefully-selected blog title).

Join me, if you wish, and we'll wonder and ponder and analyze together.

We'll ask questions.

We'll be cerebral.

We'll explore.

We'll discover.

We will be satisfied.



4 comments :

Holly Anderson said...

Now how do I follow you? (Love the designed blog title.)

Brittany said...

You're baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack. I love this.

MelBroek said...

Holly, good point. I just added a widget at the bottom under the site feed. I'm flattered you want to follow!

Sandra said...

When I first glanced at the comments, I read (incorrectly) that you said "Holy good point!" like you were Batman or something! haha I am excited to have more entertainment available in my life again!

Post a Comment

 

Long-Winded Explanatory Memorandums Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger