This is a necessary disclaimer post I've been wanting to write before I get too far along in this blog.
I've decided I want to deliberately not compartmentalize my life.
I am not multiple interests/aspects blended together to make a person, I am a person–whole, complex, varied–with multiple interests/aspects
I am not a math equation (although I do like thinking about the world in that way). I am more than the sum of my parts.
I am not a conglomerate rock with different globs and clasts haphazardly cemented together to make a larger formation.
If you pick away at me, you will not find discrete chunks to pull away cleanly. My bits are, at least to some degree, interwoven. It's complex. You can't pull out my family without ripping away at essential elements of who I am! You can't pick and choose passions/interests casually keeping some and discarding others. You can't surgically remove the "religion" portion of my soul - the remaining tissue would not be stable without it.
My thoughts demonstrate this coherency within me so this blog will reflect it also. I will not refrain from posting religious philosophical contemplations for fear of offending people. I will not be embarrassed to share things that make my heart sing. I am who I am for a myriad of different reasons.
And you get me - all of me. (Not just a select few bracketed compartments).
07 October 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
1 comments :
Lovely Melissa!!! Can't wait!!!
Post a Comment